This is why you don’t go to the movies on a friday night. Movie Nerd Rule #1 or maybe it’s just mine.
Movie FRO Rule #1 - Do not go see movies on Friday night.
- You may get away with a movie that’s been out for awhile, but i dont suggest it.
- If you just HAVE to go see a movie on Friday got at the midnight showings, cuz hardly ANYONE goes to those.
I’m sure I could list a ton of other rules I have for the movie going experience but I’m just gonna leave my followers with your hilarious punishments, haha….
Typically kids, when you sneak into a movie you’re not supposed to be in, talking, texting, and moving around in the theater is a good way to get caught. Add the fact that you have an avid movie geek in that same theater, I believe you are entering into a world of pain.
Here is what movie theaters should consider as their new rules/laws:
1. Talking - If you talk in the movie, and I’m not saying whispering, I’m saying being a Chatty Fucking Cathy! We rip your tongue out. Cutting it out is something a kind person would do, but you have been flapping those lips of yours since the theater went dark, and ripping your tongue seems to be the only thing I can do.
2. Cell Phones - You’re not doing a very good job trying to cover up that bright ass fucking light in your lap. How hard is to get up and do your business outside of the fucking theater? You could have kept your fingers (which I’m going to break off) if you had just walked out of the theater. Now if you decide to talk on the phone while the movie is on, I’m going to break your taint. Has nothing to do with talking on the phone, but it’s a soft spot.
3. Fucking About - Kids, have you heard of hobbling? Because I’m going to bust out my two by four and fucking hobble your ass for walking around during the movie, changing seats, and fighting with your fuck ass of a friend.
4. Movie Nerds - Jeebus help you if you happen to do any of that with an avid movie lover in your theater. We are giving them free reign on your dumb ass for fucking with their movie experience. Call your parents, they aren’t picking you up, you are going to rot between the shelves of dvds and Star Wars figurines. Do not fuck with those who only leave the bat cave to enjoy the silver screen, we have seen shit you have never imagined and it will be executed on you rah-tarded ass. We are many, we are proud, we are movies nerds! WE WILL FUCK YOU UP!
Add more if you would like. This is the rant of a nerd who was denied the MacGruber experience she wanted. Instead, she was left with telling these kids off for generally fucking about during the movie.
You know alot of people have told me and my friends that we’re fucking crazy for driving for hours to get somewhere instead of flying.
Let’s break that shit down, shall we?
So I’m sitting in my room and find the gas receipts from the last trip we went on, which was the NYC trip to see Val Emmich at Mercury Lounge. Which was a 2 day trip since Leilani is only allowed 2 days off from work.
Meaning it was literally a drive up and then a drive right the fuck back home.
FYI: From Tampa, FL to NYC is about an 18 hour drive.
Only 2 days off….
…yea you do the math.
Or wait let me just break it down for you.
The show was on May 20th at 8pm, Leilani requested the 20th & 21st off of work. Meaning she’d have to be back at work at 11am on the 22nd. So what we did was the night of the 19th when Leilani got off of work we left for NYC.
You’re probably sitting there thinking ‘why didn’t you just fly?’ well here’s why:
THAT SHIT IS EXPENSIVE!
lol - don’t get me wrong sometimes its not, but whenever I travel my options are always fly or drive or don’t go at all.
Naturally I look up flights first and for this particular trip the flight costs that I was finding were like $300+, which is pretty freaking high for a flight from here to NYC. I usually pay around $190+, so I knew flying was out.
Breaking down how the driving up there was gonna work was nerve wracking. Cuz the only people that could go was me, Erin & Leilani, which BOTH of them had to work that Saturday morning (22nd), so I got desperate and asked a co-worker of mine, Matt if he wanted to go. So we’d have an extra driver on the way back and Erin & Leilani could sleep after they did their shift of driving.
How much does it cost vs the flying up there.
I’ve been doing the road trip traveling for 7 years now and *shakes head* if you’re down with driving long periods of time, which we are because we have fun, then I recommend you do it.
This trip was 18 hours, right? There’s 4 people going, so that splits everyone’s driving shift into 4.5 almost 5 hours a person. Which isn’t bad at all if you road trip with us :)
I got us a rental car for $228 give or take a few dollars, which if you split that 4 ways, is like $58 a person.
So then the only other thing you have to worry about is gas money & hotel stay.
Which if you know people where you’re traveling to, crashing on people’s couches/floors is pretty cheap ;)
But on this particular trip Erin’s brother hooked us up with a free hotel stay, so that equaled $0 a person, which is awesome, haha.
Then with gas money, what we do is whenever we have to fill up someone pays and you just take turns. On this trip I had to pay for Erin’s share since she wasn’t getting paid til after the trip.
I just found the receipts, added everything up and divided it and Erin owes me $63 in gas money.
Do the math…
$58 + $63 + $0 + 18 hours = $121
Which is WAAAAAY cheaper then $300 last time I checked, haha.
So yea next time you’re thinking about traveling somewhere don’t rule out driving there if you have people that are willing to go with you, because 9 times out of 10 it’s cheaper then flying.
Now if only L.A. was a fucking 3 days drive away from me, I’d be in heaven.
P.S. - Anything goes when it comes to ^ (Val Emmich)
There’s always mean celebrities. There’s the ones that were mean just because they were having a bad day or the fans were being disrespectful. Or there were the other celebrities that I call ‘mean’ not because they were being mean, but because they were ‘pretending’ to be all nice, but are really just douchebags.